The Thanksgiving of 2019 went great with Thor the Bulldog at the NBC National Dog Show. Starting from 1933, this show has won millions of hearts worldwide and even COVID seems to have failed to stop its glorious journey. No matter how hard 2020 has gone so far, NBC has good news for the world. The NBC National Dog Show is all set to make a grand comeback this Thanksgiving. Through all the difficulties and uncertainties of 2020, NBC National Dog Show will resume again just after Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
The 2020 National Dog Show is going to be hosted American Kennel Club as usual. They give their platform to over 2000 dogs every year and choose the best among them. However, the comeback National Dog Show this year will only allow 600 dogs to participate. Moreover, the usual loud cheering of the audience will be missing too this year as the show is going to be hosted without any spectators. When there won’t be any spectators, the vendors will not be allowed as well. And as an extra safety measure, the show organizers decided to not allow even sponsors or media. All credit goes to COVID 19. And these restrictions are imposed on the judges as well. The whole competition will be hosted by imposing strict safety measurements as proposed by WHO for COVID 19.
This year there are three new breeds all set to make their debut on one of the biggest platforms for dogs-
1) The Belgian Laekenois: This dog will join the Herding Group. The solid, durable, and defensive variety has an unpleasant, disheveled coat that can be shades of red, grovel or dim. The Belgian Laekenois was initially reared and raised to watch domesticated animals and clothes drying outside prior to filling in as courier canines during WWI and WWII.
2) The Barbet: This dog will contend in the Sporting Group. They began their journey as a water canine in France. The variety has a wavy coat that can be dark, dim, earthy colored, or grovel in shading, once in a while with white markings. The Barbet is a quiet canine yet was reproduced to help recover winged creatures. The variety’s name comes from the French word “barbe,” which means whiskers.
3) The Dogo Argentino: This dog breed will be joining under the Working Group. They were initially a pack-chasing canine in Argentina. The variety was known to bring down wild hog and jaguar, among other huge games. Dogo Argentinos have short, white coats, yet a dim fix close to the eye is allowed as long as it doesn’t cover a lot of the head.
So how will you get to watch the NBC National Dog Show once again and make your Thanksgiving better than ever? Just tune in to NBC on Thursday, November 26 just at 12 PM. As usual, the National Dog Show will be aired after Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. The NBC National Dog Show is expected to be aired till 2 PM. You can also watch the show on NBCSports.com or on the NBC Sports app.
And here’s a brief recap for you about the results of 2019 in all groups-
- Best in Show: Bulldog
- Reserve Best in Show: Havanese
- Herding Group: Old English Sheepdog
- Hound Group: Pharaoh Hound
- Non-Sporting Group: Bulldog
- Toy Group: Havanese
- Working Group: Siberian Husky
- Sporting Group: Golden Retriever
- Terrier Group: Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier